WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
1. We collect limited information when you browse the site
When you visit the Site we collect log data, for example, the type of browser and operating system you are using, the address of the external or internal page that referred you, your IP address and pages on the site that you visit in association with your IP address. We mostly use this information to diagnose issues with the site. We only retain it for a limited amount of days.
2. We Collect Information Using Cookies
Advertising pays our bills so we use some cookies. You should know how cookies work. You should know what cookies we use. You should support cookie reform efforts if you choose.
3. We Collect Information When You Communicate With Us Directly
If you email us or send other communications to us directly, we will retain your email or address and correspondence so that we may respond to your request. We retain this information indefinitely so that we have a history of our past communications.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH?
It is generally our policy not to share or sell your personally identifiable information with any third party. We may, however, share information under the following circumstances:
1. If we receive your informed consent;
2. If it is necessary for a third party provider to perform tasks on our behalf (as described in this policy);
3. If we believe doing so is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation, or valid legal process. If we are going to release your information, we will do our best to provide you with notice in advance, if we have a means to contact you, unless we are prohibited by court order from doing so; or
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
This website contains links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by us. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites unless we have specified them in this document.
We have adopted commercially reasonable technical, physical and administrative procedures to protect the confidentiality of the information that we collect on our site. However, the Internet is not a vault and data can be lost.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small data files that websites store on your hard drive. They create a unique id that is associated with your browser. We use first-party cookies for analytics, which tell us about user activity on our site. We use third-party cookies to collect information about your habits across multiple sites and to provide advertising that is targeted to your interests. Our third-party advertising partners also use third-party cookies. More information about each is provided below.
1. Google Analytics
3. Social Media Widgets
4. Affiliate Programs
We present links in a format that is enabling us to track when links are followed. Specifically, when you make a purchase on booking.com after clicking one of their links on our site, we collect a small portion of the sale from them as part of their affiliate programs. You are not identifiable to us personally and we only see aggregated, anonymized statistics on what was purchased.
1. Traditional banner ads: We have strict guidelines on the banner advertisements that we accept. Expanding banners are only delivered to each browser once daily. Animated ads can’t be longer than 30 seconds. Audio must be user-initiated. No pop-ups or pop-unders. Unfortunately, ads that break those rules sometimes do slip through our automated system. So if you see a banner ad that violates this policy, please let us know by emailing us.