Aruba Tanning Tips
Chillax! As you probably will be spending most of your Caribbean holiday on some of the best beaches of Aruba, you will get tanned. As Aruba’s sun is very strong, getting that classic Aruba tan is easy – even in the shade. The hardest yet most important part is not to get sunburnt. Below you’ll find a few tanning tips to make sure you get a good tan responsibly without suffering from sunburn.
Aruba Tanning Tips
– Use a sunscreen lotion with a high SPF (Sun Protection Factor) of at least 30, and use one that protects you from both UVA and UVB radiation. An SPF value of 30 means that only 1/30th of the burning radiation given off by the sun eventually will reach your skin.
– Always apply sunscreen. Even when the Aruba sky is overcast.
– If you plan to go swimming or snorkeling in Aruba, make sure you use waterproof sunscreen. When snorkeling, pay special attention to your neck and shoulders since these will be above the water most of the time. Many first time visitors to the island forget about this. Don’t be one of them.
– The same goes if you plan to go jogging in Aruba. As you’ll likely go out for a run in the early morning, the sun won’t be in its most powerful phase but it still will be strong. Wear sunscreen on the parts of your body that are most exposed.
– Reapply, reapply, reapply. Put fresh sunscreen on every few hours, even if your sunscreen is waterproof.
– Try to avoid direct exposure to sunlight between the hours of 10.30 AM and 2:30 PM during the first few days of your vacation in Aruba. The shade really is your best friend.
– use after sun lotion after spending a day in the sun. Preferably, you should buy one that contains aloe vera.
– Don’t wait until you’re on Aruba, save money and order some sunscreen NOW and pack it in your suitcase before you travel to Aruba. We recommend the brands below. Just click the links for easy online ordering at Amazon.
Aruba Tanning Tips – Sunscreen for Children
- Banana Boat Baby Sunscreen Lotion SPF 50
- Banana Boat Kids SPF 50 Family Size Sunscreen Lotion
- Banana Boat Kids Tear Free Sunscreen Lotion Travel Size SPF 50
Aruba Tanning Tips – Sunscreen for Adults
- Hawaiian Tropic Sheer Touch Lotion Sunscreen SPF 50
- Banana Boat Natural Reflect Sunscreen Lotion SPF 50
Aruba Tanning Tips – After Sun Lotions
Don’t forget to replenish your skin and apply some after sun lotion with aloe vera after a day at the beach.
- Banana Boat Aloe Vera After Sun Lotion
- Hawaiian Tropic Forever Tan Aloe After Sun Moisturizer
- Hawaiian Tropic After Sun Moisturizer Cooling Gel, Cool Aloe
Protect Your Eyes
Don’t forget to bring a good pair of UV Sunglasses to protect your eyes from sunlight. Just remember, the sunrays don’t just come from above, they are reflected by both sand and water. Below you’ll find a few suggestions.
- Ray-Ban RB2132 New Wayfarer Polarized Sunglasses,Black/Green Polarized,52 mm
- Ray-Ban Men’s Aviator Large Metal Polarized Aviator Sunglasses, Grey Frame, 58 mm
- Oakley Men’s GasCan Sunglasses,Matte Black Frame/Grey Lens,One Size
- Oakley Womens Overtime OO9167-07 Polarized Round Sunglasses,Polished Black Frame/Grey Polarized Lens,one size
Protect Your Feet
Even though the sand on the beaches of Aruba is white, it can get extremely hot around noon. The soles of your feet will easily get burned. Wear some flip-flops to protect your feet from the heat. More colors and sizes can be chosen after clicking the links below.